Brussel Sprouts - Balsamic and Cranberry
- 1.5 lb Brussel Sprouts bag
- 2 tbsp EV Olive Oil spritzed on
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- 1/3 cup Cranberries liberal amount
- 1/3 cup Pecans optional - finely chopped
- Bacon optional - to taste
- Salt optional - to taste
- Pepper optional - to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese optional - to taste
- Butter optional - to taste
- Preheat oven 375
- Toss trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts in olive oil and salt, and arrange them with their flat sides down on the pan so they can get tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- While the Brussels sprouts are in the oven, soak the dried cranberries in a bowl of warm water so they get nice and plump
- Toss the sprouts halfway through cooking, and when they’re almost done, sprinkle the pecans (optional) on top and return the pan to the oven. Now you’re roasting your sprouts and toasting your pecans at the same time!
- Once the sprouts are out of the oven, transfer the sprouts and pecans to a serving platter. Drain the cranberries and sprinkle them on top. You’re almost done.
- Drizzle good-quality balsamic vinegar on top, sprinkle with Parmesan or add a few little pats of butter (both optional, if you’re watching your dairy intake), and season with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm, or at room temperature. These sprouts are irresistible either way.