Grilled Walleye Fillets with Herbs and Lemon
This dish is great over rice cooked in broth with a side of green peas. It sounds simple, but the fish is what wants to shine.
- Four 6 ounce walleye fillets approximately 2 whole fillets cut in half
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS fresh parsley
- 2 TBS fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- EVOO for coating the grill plates
- In a food processor or mini chopper, combine the fresh herbs, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and EVOO. Pulse these ingredients into a sauce.
- Coat the fish all over with 1/2 the herb and lemon mixture. Set the fish aside.
- Reserve the rest of the herb mixture for dressing the fish after it is cooked.
- Preheat your GF grill to high.
- Coat both plates of the grill with EVOO.
- Place the fish on the grill and close the top. You may have to do this in 2 batches.
- Grill the fish for approximately 5 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Transfer the fillets to a serving plate and spoon the reserved herb mixture over the top of the fillets.