Pork on a Fork
Another family favorite.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce reduced sodium prefered
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped can use more - we like garlic
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 each Thai chili - see note
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1.5 lb pork tenderloin - fat trimmed cut to 1 inch medallions
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until sugar is dissolved
- stir in garlic, ginger, ghile and oil
- marinate pork with this mixture in a zip lock bag for 2 hours in refrigerator, turning it periodically
- with grill on medium heat, grill pork until just cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side
Thai chiles can be red or green, are only about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch or less in diameter. They are on the high side of hot. Find in Asian markets. you can substitute fresh cayenne chiles or 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce such as siracha.