Mahi mahi or Swordfish - lemon and butter
- 1 Grill Give time for grill to heat up
- 1 part lemon juice
- 2 part butter
- some dash thyme optional for marinating
- some dash peppercorn optional for marinating
- some dash salt
- some dash pepper lemon pepper if available
- some drizzle olive oil
- Marinate the swordfish (optional) with lemon juice, thyme sprigs, peppercorns for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the swordfish marinates, prepare the charcoal grill for high-heat grilling.
- Brush the fish with oil (if not marinated) and season on all sides with Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill for 3 to 8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 140° F. The fish should be browned on the outside and still slightly pink on the inside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan on the grill until it starts to turn golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Move it off the heat and carefully add lemon juice and swirl to combine.
- Once you turn the fish over, begin brushing some of the lemon-butter onto the cooked side as it finishes grilling.
- Serve the swordfish with a drizzle of the lemon-butter, a sprinkle of coarse salt and a lemon slice.