Asian mango beef
- 3/4 lb sirloin steak 1 inch thick
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp lime zest grated
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp pickled ginger chopped - (found in the international aisle of the market)
- 2 tsp soy sauce can be low sodium
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large head romain lettuce cut into strips (about 7 cups)
- 1 each mango cut into thin strips
- 1 each red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves sliced
- 2 each scallions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- heat a large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5minutes before slicing.
- meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- add the lettuce, mango, bell pepper, basil, and scallions and toss to combine.
- gently fold in the steak and sprinkle with the sesame seeds